I don’t know what Davy Crockett and William Travis were eating a couple of hundred years ago, back before In-N-Out and FT33, but the folks at the Ranch in Las Colinas are pretty sure it looked something like what chef Grant Morgan will be serving at their Remember the Alamo dinner on April 20.
– Grilled Venison – dried bread & horseradish cream
– Mesquite Smoked Suckling Pig – roasted corn & grilled Texas tomatoes
– Smoked Duck Breast – Texas arugula, figs, spiced pecans
– Braised Oxtail – goat cheese grits, grilled okra, pan demi glaze
– Wild Berry Corn Bread Buckle
Morgan is paring the five courses with wines from Ivana Trump’s label, so there’s if you don’t like suckling pig or venison, there’s always that. In addition, author Andrew Caldwell, the “History Chef,” will be signing his book, “Their Last Suppers: Legends and History of Their Final Meals.”
You gotta RSVP to this one. 972-506-7262. $100++.