Today marks the 50th Anniversary of the opening of Fairmont Dallas Hotel
No one seems to know exactly when the Fairmont Dallas Hotel opened for business, but a hotel spokesman tells EscapeHatch that, like Christmas, the stars (and maybe King James) have chosen to call May 7 its official birthdate.
1969 was a good year. First moon walk. Woodstock. And the debut of the Pyramid, the once-storied restaurant inside the Fairmont Dallas Hotel.
To celebrate, the hotel is offering some cool special deals. First, anyone celebrating a 50-year birthday or couples celebrating a golden 50th wedding anniversary will be rewarded with a complimentary bottle of champagne with dinner at Pyramid Restaurant or as part of in-room dining if they are hotel guests.
Second, the Pyramid is serving a a 50th Anniversary signature cocktail – the Pyramid Smoked Old Fashioned. The hotel blended three unique barrels of Woodford Reserve as their Fairmont Woodford Private Reserve. To make their smoked old fashioned, barkeeps make an Private Reserve old fashioned, place it under a glass dome, then infuse the dome with mesquite smoke.
Third, the hotel wants you to have the secret keys to their toasted walnut vinaigrette. Why? Don’t know. But here it is.
Toasted Walnut Vinaigrette
- ¼ Cup Toasted Walnuts, chopped into pieces
- 1 Cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Fairmont Honey
- 2 Egg Yolks
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In the blender, mix all ingredients except for the oil. Add oil slowly while blending until smooth. You may need to adjust with slightly more olive oil or water, depending on your preferred level acidity and texture. Season with salt and cracked black pepper.