Chicago’s famous Portillo’s rolls its Beef Bus through DFW to introduce Texans to Portillo’s Chicago-style hot dogs, Italian beef sandwiches
Chicago’s famous Portillo’s is expanding to DFW this fall, but you can sneak a taste of their Italian beef sandwiches, cheese fries and Chicago-style hot dogs “dragged through the garden” (mustard, relish, celery, freshly chopped onions, sliced red tomato, kosher pickles and peppers) right now.
Portillo’s has dispatched its mobile kitchen, called the Beef Bus, to a handful of DFW locations this month.
The Hatch crew caught up with the Beef Bus at its first stop, The Grandscape in the Colony (5752 Grandscape Blvd.), where the first area Portillo’s is under construction. The Bus serves a limited Portillo’s menu, but the important stuff (hot dogs, cheese fries, Italian beef sandos) are all there (alas, their “Cake Shakes” are not).
You can catch the bus through July 23. Here’s the itinerary:
- This weekend, July 15 – 17: AT&T Stadium
- Tuesday, July 19, Klyde Warren Park from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, July 21, The Grandscape from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, July 22, Truck Yard at Grandscape in The Colony (5959 Grove Lane) from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, July 23, Harvest House in Denton, 331 Hickory St., from 4 to 8 p.m.