Golf Down Under (and Around…)
I’ve played through sheep, goats, cattle, deer, buffalo, crocodiles, armadillos, monkeys, old people, and young bucks, but never kangaroos. See those two golfers in the background? I gotta tell you, that looks pretty cool. I can hear you asking yourself the same question right now: Do the ‘roos move out of the way, or do you have to play around them? Guess I’m going to find out, because I’m headed here early next year. If you can get to Australia in the next six weeks, here’s a terrific deal I just found:
Join in the action this November, as the world’s best golfers, including Tiger Woods, return to Melbourne for the Australian Masters. The newly created five-day, four-night “Golf Masters in Melbourne” package from Down Under Answers, is filled with plenty of activities for exploring Melbourne both on and off the fairways.
Golf aficionados can watch the action unfold, and play some great golf of their own, with this exclusive offer starting at US$1,826 per person.
The package includes:
- Two (2) nights Crown Promenade Hotel, Melbourne
- Two (2) nights Peppers Links Resort, Mornington Peninsula
- Private car transfer on arrival
- Two day car rental (automatic mid-sized car)
- Dinner aboard the 1940’s Colonial Tramcar Restaurant
- Two rounds of golf at Melbourne’s best courses — 18 holes at both the Royal Melbourne Golf Course (known for lightening fast greens, cavernous bunkers and fairways lined by thick tea tree scrub) and The National Golf Course (boasting 3 championship courses including The Moonah designed by Greg Norman)
- Green fees, return private luxury transfers, pro shop check-in and tee off service, plus a starter kit (balls, tees, water bottle) are included in play
- Optional add-on to see Tiger Woods and Geoff Ogilvy play at the 2009Australian Masters from Nov 14-15 includes two (2) additional nights at the Crown Promenade Hotel, general admission tickets to the 2-day event and private coach transfers to/from Kingston Heath Golf Club daily. Cost US$578 per person.
- Booking/travel window: Now until November 13, 2009
- For more information or to book contact Down Under Answers: www.duatravel.com or 800-889-1464
- For more information on Melbourne and golf in Victoria, visit www.visitmelbourne.com