Is this Bourbon S’mores Pie the best in the world?
If you’re still undecided about what dessert goes best with, well, anything, Omni Fort Worth‘s chef Sebastien Layen might suggest his Bourbon S’mores pie is the one. He’s sharing that recipe below. His recipe, plus pie recipes from chefs at Omni’s other hotels are also posted on Omni’s website . Four new pie recipes are added every week. Right now, you can pick up the secrets for a Buttermilk Pie with Whipped Cream and Caramel from Kristina Kent, the pastry chef at Omni Dallas Hotel, and Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas chef Gabino Acosta’s Apple Pie Topped with Streusel.
Check them out here, each with tasting notes and pro tips.
Bourbon S’mores Pie
1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Egg white, beaten
2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar, stir in egg white and butter.
- Press onto bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
9 oz High-quality semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 Whole milk
1 cup Heavy cream
6 Egg yolks, large
5 Tbsp Granulated sugar (add an extra tablespoon if using bitter chocolate)
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Bourbon
- Place the chocolate in a blender.
- Whisk the milk, cream, egg yolks, granulated sugar, bourbon and salt in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula until the mixture is thick enough to coat the spatula and almost boiling (5-6 minutes).
- Immediately pour the milk mixture over the chocolate in the blender.Cover and hold lid with a think kitchen towel. Blend until combined and smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the graham cracker pie crust and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.