All-you-can-eat Delucca Gaucho Pizza debuts today in the Dallas Design District
Pizzas, caipirinhas and bossa nova make their debut in the Dallas Design District with today’s opening of Delucca Gaucho Pizza and Wine in the former Quiill space.
The Southlake-based concept is loosely based on churrascaria-style service, where servers parade around the dining room offering unlimited slices of a wide variety of pizzas for a set $18.95 price. A Southlake Delucca is already open. A third Delucca is planned to open next year in Fort Worth.
Delucca owners Evandro Caregnato and Vanderleia Mallman , who once worked for Texas de Brazil, riff on the all-you-can-eat idea, subbing pizza for grilled meats.
Meals begin with a complementary charcuterie and antipasto platter plus a cup of lobster bisque. Then the pizza parade begins. Here’s the lineup:
- Garlic Picanha Pizza
- Chicken with Brazilian Catupiry
- Turkish Lamb with Sumac Onions
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Classic Margarita with Fresh Basil
- Portuguese Pizza with Eggs, Prosciutto Cotto and Olives
- Four Cheeses and Truffle
- Brazilian Hearts of Palm
- Mexican Elote with Crema Fresca
- Sopressata Salami & Candied Bacon
- Sauteed Shrimp and Fontina
- House Made Organic Sausage with BBQ Sauce and Jalapenos
- Hot Buffalo Chicken
- Prime Pepperoni and Fresh Tomato Sauce
and pizzas for dessert:
- Italian Nutella
- Banana Flambé
- Dulce de Leche and Toasted Coconut
- Roasted Pear, Gorgonzola and Honey
- Blackberry and Mascarpone Cheese
Of course, there are also beers, cocktails and wines available.
Awkward location. What’s your over-under?
1628 OAK LAWN AV # 100, 214-774-9903. photos courtesy of Delucca.