An exclusive First Look video tour of Mexican Sugar, now open in Plano
Mexican Sugar, the new Latin-inspired restaurant from the team behind Whiskey Cake, The Ranch at Las Colinas, and Velvet Taco, opens Monday, November 4. One hundred thirty six tequilas, 34 mescals, 4 Latin beers on tap, 14 cocktails on tap, and a menu that will make your head spin. Cool digs, too.
Here’s a first look at what you’ll find, with a cocktail tour from bar man Sean Connor and a romp through the menu with exec chef Eric Justice.
Mexican Sugar, 7501 Lone Star Drive, Plano, 214-732-5132.
Here’s Sean Connor:
Here’s chef Eric Justice:
Here’s another look at Mexican Sugar.
Five things to try:
- arepas with ropa viejo and cilantro cream
- hamachi tiradio with grapefruit, blood oranges, chiles and herbed olive oil
- shrimp and beet salad with red chile pecans and fennel
- whole grilled snapper with roasted tomatilla-pasilla salsa
- ancho-spiced beef tenderloin with chimmichurri and chorizo spoon bread