Hot Dates: June 14-17, for Craft Cocktail Week in Dallas
Barman Brian McCullough and drinker Nico Ponce roll out “Texas Craft Cocktail Week,” four days of cocktail tastings, seminars and parties in Dallas from June 14-17th. (Hmmm…a “week” comprising just four days? Sounds like drinkers.)
Ponce says Craft Cocktail Texas will be centered around “a celebration of the growing movement of craft cocktails, prohibition and pre-prohibition cocktails, and the utilization of artisan spirits in cocktail dens and restaurants across our state.
“Three years ago there were only two or three true mixology programs in Texas and now we’re getting close to 50. This is changing the way that people are drinking across our state and we’re celebrating and embracing the new (old) direction that cocktails are headed.”
Ponce says a portion of the proceeds from Craft Cocktails Texas will benefit the Youth Foundation of the American Heart Association…but what portion isn’t specified.
Here’s part of the lineup (go here for more info and tickets):
- Hendricks Gin Cocktail Reception at The Usual in Fort Worth, Hacienda on Henderson and Ava in Rockwall – 6:00 p.m. Buses depart for Dallas at 7:00 p.m.
- Craft Cocktails Texas Opening Party, featuring Hendricks Gin, Milagro Tequila, Hudson Whiskey, Solerno, Stoli Vodka, Sailor Jerry and Lillet – Stoneleigh Hotel, 8:00 p.m. to midnight
- Seminars and educational classes – Stoneleigh Hotel, 1:30pm to 6:00p.m.
- Tasting Room with craft cocktail samples from 30+ brands and craft cocktails featuring each spirit – Stoneleigh Hotel, noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Spirited promotions and happy hours – Various times and locations
- Tasting Room with samples from 30+ brands and craft cocktails featuring each spirit – Stoneleigh Hotel, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Seminars and educational classes – Stoneleigh Hotel, 11:00am to 2:00p.m.
- Main Street Gardens Festival, featuring live music and local vendors – noon to 8:00 p.m.
- USBG Competition, featuring 36 bartenders from Dallas, Austin and Houston – Main Street Gardens, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Bartender Brunch with Fernet – TBA
- Tiki Party Finale – People’s Last Stand, 8:00 p.m. to midnight