TGI Fridays is revamping cocktail program, kicking off with its March 7 TGI Friday’s World Bartender Championship in Addison
Addison-based casual brand TGI Fridays is revamping its cocktail program and kicking the launch off with their annual World Bartender Championship on Wednesday, March 7.
The private event will feature TGI Fridays bartenders who qualified by winning slots against 9,000 other Fridays bartenders from across the globe.
Who? Glad you asked.
- Will Sexton – Buffalo/Galleria, New York
- Christal “Candy” Cravador – Port of Spain, Trinidad
- Chris “O” Owsiany – Beaver Creek, Ohio
- Hector “Hectorious” Pinones – Rancho San Diego, California
- Michael “Rez” Resurreccion – Erie, Pennsylvania
- Jolan Peñafiel – Makati, Philippines
- Ben Becker – Columbia, Maryland
- Alieksander “Alex” Bondar – Minsk, Belarus
- Russell “Russ” Ward – Sheffield, United Kingdom
Hmmm. Looks like no one from Texas can make a great TGIF cocktail? Yet apparently someone from Minsk, Belarus and Makait, Phillipinse can. Surprise!
What’s on the revamp menu? Drinks like:
• Cîroc French Smash – Grammy-nominee French Montana is a paid spokesman for this one.
• Blackberry Buzz ‘Rita – Sauza Blue 100% Agave Tequila, blackberry, guava, buzz button, house-made fresh sour. Buzz buttons are all the rage at the Chandelier Bar at Cosmopolitan Las Vegas.
• Lemon Drop Martini – Skyy Vodka, DeKuyper Triple Sec and blue butterfly pea flower extract, house-made fresh agave sour served in a sidecar
• Flaming Vanilla Old Fashioned – Bulleit Bourbon, fresh orange, Bordeaux cherry, vanilla, Hella Aromatic Bitters, and a flaming sugar cube.
• Shimmering Diva – Made with edible glitter, Bacardi Limón Rum, Aperol, bordeaux cherry, house-made fresh sour, and shimmer
The throw-down, sadly, is not open to the public.