On the Border will pay you $1000 to drink margaritas and eat chips
If your favorite thing about On the Border restaurants is its margaritas, then February 22 – National Margarita Day – may be your luckies day ever.
The company is hiring a CMO – “Chief Margarita Officer” – for a one-day job that’s worth $1000 in On the Border gift cards, a stack of OTB CMO business cards plus free chips and salsa for a year.
“The ideal candidate must be able mix margaritas on short notice, distinguish between fresh-squeezed lime juice and canned limeade and make a solid argument for why salt is better than a sugar rim.”
Also, OTB says you have to enjoy “being challenged to make great tasting margaritas with ingredients as varied as squid ink, brussels sprout puree, anchovies and even kombu,” which is even weirder than this one-day job offer.
To apply, head here: ontheborder.com/events/chief-margarita-officer.
Here’s what else OTB says this job entails:
· Must be atleast 21 Years Old
· Enjoys margaritas responsibly and encourages others to do likewise
· Loves to serve the perfect margarita . Understands the art of crafting margaritas that don’t need to be followed by infusions of electrolytes, bananas, bagels, coconut juice or sunglasses the next day
· Must be able to shake drinks for extended periods of time with a tumbler in both hands
· Team player/leader: Understands that a good margarita can often help the cross-functional team have more interesting and robust discussions
· Must be able to effectively identify the best margarita pairings for a yellow queso, a white queso, a roasted tomatillo salsa, a more traditional tomato salsa and a great steak fajita
· Must remain composed. Like a good margarita, doesn’t melt under pressure and likes it rocky too. Knows that a little salt and fresh squeezed lime in life adds that extra little kick
· Should be able to, identify the region, type of tequila, vintage and producer with a quick glance, whiff and sip; friends and family have traditionally recognized you as a tequila and margarita savant. At minimum, should be able to visually distinguish between a silver and gold tequila.